Android Studio 2.2 now includes a bundled JDK (as announced on the download
page <http://tools.android.com/download/studio/builds/2-2-preview-2>).

In an environment that requires adding self-signed certs to the JDK
keystores for the tooling to work correctly, we would need to add our certs
to the keystore. As we've seen in the past, when files within the Android
Studio directory are modified, the validation that takes place during
Studio's updates will fail the update if changes are detected (see Help, I
Already Edited the IDE Installation Files section of the Android Studio
Configuration page <http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/configuration>).

My question is twofold - 1 will adding new certs to the embedded JDK's
keystore break updates? and 2, if so, what other alternatives would be
available to using the embedded JDK with a self-signed cert (aside from
including it in the user's .AndroidStudio folder, that's not a viable
option that can easily be scripted into a package install for a box that a
developer may not have logged into yet).

I'd love to test this one myself, but without the next update available
yet, it's not really possible.