At least in previous versions of AS and Idea I was receiving updates when I
had modified files and update resolver had an option to rewrite changed
files.

You can try to write a script to add self-signed certs to bundled JDK, then
when an update occurs — chose rewrite files, finish the update and run your
script! Or just remove old AS, install updated and run script.