To be fair, quite a lot of your original statement was true.  As you
said, namespaces do not necessarily correspond to the assembly name, and
a namespace can indeed span multiple assemblies.

It's just that the conclusion you drew from this was, as Stefan pointed
out, incorrect.  You can define two types that have the same name and
are in the same namespace by putting them in two different assemblies,
as you suggest, it's just not correct to say that these are "the same
type".

--
Ian Griffiths - DevelopMentor
(RSS: http://www.interact-sw.co.uk/iangblog/rss2.0 )