From: Reinstein, Lenny [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 2:01 PM
To: 'Dmitry Beransky'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Java Swing/JComboBox Question.

You are right, partially Here is the updated question:

The reason this happens is that the JComboBox is editable and I use the the
text field of the ComboBox to implement auto-complete
(I use getEditor().getEditorComponent() to the the text component that
corresponds to the editable/selected item).

When I do that, the selection always returns String, not the original object
that was stored at that index location in the combo box. Does someone know
of a way to get around that limitation?

Many thanks.