At 01:31 PM 1/9/2002, Samir wrote:
>You can try to instantiate the class as follows
>
>if (componentType.equals("JButton"))
>{
>    JButton compName = (JButton)
> Class.forName("JButton").getConstructor(new
> Class[]{String.class}).newInstance(new Object[]{label});

First off all, this will not work.  The value passed to forName() should be
a fully qualified class name, i.e. "javax.swing.JButton".

Second, since the set of component types Alex is creating is finite and
small, there is no reason to do this sort of run-time instantiation.  What
Alex is currently doing is just fine.  The only recommendation I'd have is
to implement this as a Factory pattern.

Regards
Dmitry