Abhishek Kumar wrote:
> I am not sure if I have voting rights on this but a big +1 for the same!

This issue comes up from time to time, so I thought I`d clarify since
there are dozens and dozens of new groups now.

The OpenSolaris community has a Constitution that outlines some
processes for Community Groups, and voting is done by Core Contributors
within each of the Community Groups (such as here in Advocacy). Under
that system, Community Groups vote for and "sponsor" Projects, and that
relationship is directly reflected in the site`s database.

But the Constitution does not reflect all the realities of how the
OpenSolaris community functions on a day to day basis on
opensolaris.org, and it does not mention User Groups at all. So as a
courtesy, we in the Advocacy Community vote to sponsor User Groups so we
keep somewhat consistent with the rest of the community. However, this
sponsor relationship is not reflected in the site`s database. If
Advocacy wanted to sponsor Projects, however, as we have done in some
cases, then that relationship would be reflected in the database and
we`d have to follow the Constitution with only Core Contributors voting.
Initially, we required only votes from CCs for new User Groups, but we
opened that up long time ago.

In short, as far as I am concerned, you can vote no matter what your
governance status is since this is not a governance issue.

And finally, voting has always been somewhat casual in Advocacy. And
that`s how it should be. :)

Jim