Stas Bekman wrote:
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

Hey, I'd like to gather thoughts around wording an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
urging people to submit success stories.

So, how about something along these lines:

<Message>
Is the company you are working for using mod_perl ?
Is your no company listed here http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/index.html ?

Well, if you answered Yes to both questions, submitting a success story is simple and easy.
Just download the success story template from
http://perl.apache.org/outstanding/success_stories/template.pod (not there yet),
fill it in and submit it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It's that simple!

The mod_perl Advocacy team
</Message>

+1

Great, then I guess we need to get a nice and simple template written and posted on perl.apache.org?

Another thing that could help would be to go thru the existing success
stories and make sure all those sites are still in business. Volounteers?

In fact this should be sent to the modperl list every 2-3 months, since people need to be reminded of that...

Good idea!

Also I had an additional input when I was posting this request at use.perl.org. Many people for whom mod_perl 'just works' aren't on the mailing list, so they will never see it. So use.perl.org usually is a good place to cross-post this request (but probably at a lesser repetition, so the post gets approved :)