Frank Wiles wrote:
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:33:22 -0500
Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As I'm sure many of you have heard about the SpreadFirefox.com
campaign to do advertising via donations. I have been waiting for
long time to see a project do this, as I think it's a great way
to get exposure. Do you think we could pull something like this
off for mod_perl and/or perl itself?

I doubt we could raise the money for a full page NYT add, but we
may be able to raise enough money to get some banner ads, 1/4 page
in Dr. Dobbs, or something along those lines to tie into the final
mp2 release. Comments?

Certainly a good idea. The question is whether someone wants to lead the effort and whether there are enough time resources to do that.

Maybe we could get help from the Perl foundation on this? Make it
part of their fund drive? As I'm sure they have the infrastructure
in place to handle the donations.

That's certainly possible. But you probably want to have a separate effort and just reuse the infrustructure of TPF for collecting money?