> Can we collect enough for a NY Times ad? :)
> http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=5781

Making the NY Times is one thing. However, I think that one thing you guys
should keep your eyes on whilst doing this press release is search engine
penetration - how high up will the article get when someone types in the
most common keywords (mod_perl, perl apache, perl, apache, php or perl,
etc).

The reason I say this is that, when I first started researching mod_perl,
about 1.5 short years ago, search engines often led me to very helpful
articles on how to install/configure mod_perl, but these were frequently
emblazoned with the alarming qualifier "DO NOT USE MOD_PERL 2 IN A
PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT" or words to that effect.

and lest you've forgotten:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030604112031/http://beaucox.com/mason/mason-wit
h-apmp2-mini-HOWTO.htm

The problem is that these articles are all still around, and in particular
they are associated with otherwise otherwise highly marketable software like
Mason and Embperl.

IMHO, these qualifiers play a fairly significant role in the decline in
mod_perl usage stats we've been seeing in the last few months.

Tom.