Frank Wiles wrote:
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:15:14 -0500
Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Will there be a problem if the press release is done a week or 2 weeks
after the release? what difference does it make?

I would say we want the press release to be as close to the real release date as possible. I would be afraid of /. picking up on
the release via the list or the website and it getting around the
Internet and then having a press release about it 2 weeks later.

If other sites get the word out in too much of advance of the
press release then their words are what spread and not ours. It would also water down the effect, if a news organization slightly
covered the release after reading about it somewhere online they
aren't likely to cover it again when they receive the release.

OK, that makes sense to me. Thanks Frank.