Tom Gazzini wrote:
[...]
Any ideas how to fix that situation? go after the old articles and ask to
change them?

I wouldn't recommend that method (sorry, can't tell if you're being
sarcastic on email).

I'm not sure myself. But every time I say/hear 'rewrite the history' I think "1984". So I prefer to think that it was a sarcastic suggestion.

I was involved in a similar media push a while ago, and
trying to get webmasters to update article content is like trying to cut off
a hydra's heads. There's so many mirrored and cached site abounding they
just keep cropping up everywhere. If you do it this way, expect it to take
about a year before you come close to cleaning everything up.

An alternative way would be to push out articles on the internet that
promote the READINESS of mod_perl2 for production envs. (If indeed, it is
ready - is it?).

I'm not using it myself in production, since I don't have one at the moment. But based on other people's comments on the users list it definitely is.

By judicious use of keywords in these articles, you can try
and ensure that they get to the top of search engine listings. So make sure
that any press releases you do get links to high profile sites, and contain
good keywords.

Otherwise, I fear that as more people move to apache2, the "mod_perl2 is not
ready" articles will increasingly push people towards the competition.

Sure, writing new articles is a good idea.