Quoting Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > also, i don't know if this true, but i like the idea of mod_perl being
> > an Apache module more than a perl module. And i like the idea of
> > mod_perl versions following Apache versions. So when Apache releases
> > Apache 3.0 [which surely will be a major release], mod_perl3 will follow
> > in the footsteps. it sort of gives the impression that mod_perl is a
> > official professional partner
>
> I don't think we will have another choice.

;)

it would be cool if it somehow somehwhere were more "visible" for everybody.
for instance, if ASF on the menu on http://apache.org/ had a big fat checked
mark and the words "Apache2 compatible" next to Perl, Jakarta or which ever was
compatible with Apache2 (obviously many of these menuitems are not httpd-
related)

btw, what defines a "sister project" - why isn't mod_perl a sister and why is
PHP?

> though if Apache 2.2 will be made possible to work with the current mp2,
> there is no reason to release mp2.2, unless it'll require Apache 2.2 to
> work.

makes sense. i only brought up the version-numbering thing because i think it
has an effect for many people. something like a Windows user who's using the
Windows Server 2003 OS wouldn't want to use a SQL server 2000 if they could get
a SQL server 2003 and the opposite is also often true - a Windows 2000 user
wouldn't (nesecarily) feel a need to upgrade to a Windows 2003 SQL server.

./allan