Everybody needs to "STEP BACK" and realize how much work and soul Stas has put into mod_perl.
He deserves A LOT OF CREDIT. Keep up the Good work Stas.

Paul

Stas Bekman wrote:

Andreas J Koenig wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:09:07 -0500, Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

 >> Will it not also affect us who build mod_perl applications and want
 >> an easy-to-use installer to just work for people who download our
 >> software? Frankly, I don't think that it should be fine for just the
 >> dedicated mod_perl developer. This is one place where PHP is kicking
 >> the crap out of us.

> us == perl, once PAUSE is fixed, and CPAN clients are adjusted, it will > just work.

Stas, please stop propagating this fairy tale. The danger is, that
people will believe you. This I call unfair propaganda as it tries to
put the blame on somebody else's shoulders. That's not a very
promising strategy to solve problems.

Listen carefully: it is very unlikely that PAUSE and CPAN get
''''fixed'''' as you call it. There is no solution at hand and 4
people who you know well and who in turn know the problem domain very
well have agreed and have told you so.

So please stop telling untruth.

Andreas, what exactly do you call untruth? My attempt to make PAUSE/CPAN better and accomodate the growing community needs? Why is that untruth?

It's not a danger that people will believe me, it's a hope. If enough people believe in that may be things will change. Things shouldn't be cast in stone and they should evolve as the world evolve.

I truly don't understand why you refuse to believe that CPAN/PAUSE needs to grow.

Re: About putting the blame on other shoulders

It's not putting blame on other shoulders. It's an attempt to actually solve things. You know very well, that I didn't just say it's PAUSE/CPAN problem. I've spent hours trying to find a solution. I've even found a person who have agreed to implement the required changes. And all you can say: "put the blame on other shoulders"? thanks so much for giving me so much credit.