On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:55:42PM +0300, Indrek Kruusa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have wrote one simple piece of code - phone bill calculation - for
> comparing several scripting languages. I am not too sophisticated perl
> programmer and maybe somebody more skilled should take a look  - "Speed
> test" section at:
>
> http://www.tuleriit.ee/progs/index.php

Uhm, I don't see anywhere in the Perl version of the code that reads
any of the many files opened :-(

This seems to be a subroutine of nested infinite loops, so I'm surprised
you report a finish time at all.

> Please remember that these scripts are for comparing languages behavior
> and are not meant as good programming examples how to resolv
> particular problem.

So why are you posting this to a list that's about how to advocate Perl?

> At least I have said here that one public and maybe not good perl
> example is out there :)

Is this "Diss Perl on [EMAIL PROTECTED]"-week?
--
Chris Benson