Chris Benson wrote:

Uhm, I don't see anywhere in the Perl version of the code that reads
any of the many files opened :-(

This seems to be a subroutine of nested infinite loops, so I'm surprised
you report a finish time at all.

Yeah...it seems strange to me too when I look at this. I will diff the web content with the real scripts at the evening today. If this is the original version then....mhh....there are lot of intelligence hidden into perl interpreter..for users like me :)

So why are you posting this to a list that's about how to advocate Perl?

???
I am just asking a little help to produce fair and comparable perl script. My web page has quite high hitrate recently and I thought that my case is more about perl advocacy than perl-dev or perl-diss.

Indrek