Hello,

Thanks for the answer. No luck using either customIcon nor stockIcon.
I even (by mistake) tried using stockIcon with an <data> element and
it threw, as expected, "SimpleDeserializer encountered a child
element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to
deserialize" error. Here are two of the requests,

<requestId soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next";
soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/
adwords/v12">54fda046368de341df11f2bf42f3a9da</requestId>

this one is using a stockIcon Standard_1, while this one:

<requestId soapenv:actor="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next";
soapenv:mustUnderstand="0" xmlns="https://adwords.google.com/api/
adwords/v12">156347e3a2cc163d4e16de5112ae58a9</requestId>

is using the string you provided for the custom Icon earlier ("/9j/
4AAQSkZJRgABAQEASABIAAD/4QAWRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgAAAAAAAD//
gAXQ3JlYXRlZCB3aXRoIFRoZSBHSU1Q/
9sAQwAFAwQEBAMFBAQEBQUFBgcMCAcHBwcPCwsJDBEPEhIRDxERExYcFxMUGhURERghGBodHR8fHxMXIiQiHiQcHh8e/
9sAQwEFBQUHBgcOCAgOHhQRFB4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4eHh4e/
8AAEQgAEAAQAwEiAAIRAQMRAf/EABYAAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYHCP/
EACIQAAEDBAIDAQEAAAAAAAAAAAIBAwUEERIhAAcGEzEzQf/
EABQBAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD/xAAUEQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/
9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwDZD5k2w4YBmYiqiN7ZLb5/eA+suyU8tlq
+CkYKphJihupsOKZA4KI2pKCuA25r3N3zbG+Wr2WzCSio
+rMqp6hZcqhCwPo2PtG2xxJdoqLtN/eT/
qXryrhPKpXzWcrpWplpFgKVsZCoadfbYHH9SaEW81UB0N0FB0RKpLwP/9k=") with of
course, removed newlines that occured while copying the text from the
txt file.

Thanks for the assistance, I believe the engineering team will find
out why I'm having those problems.