Hello,

We are also using .NET and have all our webservices reference file
inherit from a class that handle a couple of connection problems that
you will experience in .NET. Here is the code for that class

Imports System
Imports System.Net
Imports System.Web.Services
Imports System.Web.Services.Description
Imports System.Web.Services.Protocols

Public Class SoapHttpClientProtocolBase
    Inherits SoapHttpClientProtocol

    Protected Overrides Function GetWebRequest(ByVal Uri As Uri) As
WebRequest
        ' The following settings are put in place
        ' to help avoid connection issues
        System.Net.ServicePointManager.Expect100Continue = False
        Dim webRequest As HttpWebRequest = CType(MyBase.GetWebRequest
(Uri), HttpWebRequest)
        webRequest.KeepAlive = False
        Return webRequest
    End Function

    Protected Overloads Function Invoke(ByVal methodName As String,
ByVal parameters As Object()) As Object()
        Dim MAX_CONNECTION_ATTEMPTS As Integer = 6

        Dim connectionAttempts As Integer = 0
        Dim connectionSucceeded As Boolean = False
        Dim invokeReturn As Object() = Nothing

        While ((connectionAttempts <= MAX_CONNECTION_ATTEMPTS) And
(Not connectionSucceeded))
            Try
                connectionAttempts += 1
                invokeReturn = MyBase.Invoke(methodName, parameters)
                connectionSucceeded = True
            Catch ex As WebException
                If connectionAttempts >= MAX_CONNECTION_ATTEMPTS Then
                    Throw ex
                End If
            End Try
        End While
        Return invokeReturn
    End Function
End Class

You would then use this class as base class for you criterion service
reference class. Example:

    Partial Public Class CriterionService
        Inherits outletservices.SoapHttpClientProtocolBase

Thanks