That is indeed the exception I am receiving, and the code I am using
(albeit with new ManualCPC("ManualCPC"), as your example is missing
the new keyword). So using the same library and code, I am receiving a
different outcome.

Greetings,

Marco

On 24 mrt, 16:09, "Pete Lavetsky (AdWords API Guru)"
<pete.lavet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the Java Client Libraries and have no issues in regards to
> this problem ... This is the error you still get after properly
> setting the Bidding strategy?
>
> Unmarshalling Error: Unable to create an instance of
> com.google.ads.api.services.campaignmgmt.campaign.v200909.jaxbgen.BiddingStrategy
>
> Because the code is pretty cut and dry ...
>
> Campaign googleCampaign = new Campaign();
> googleCampaign.setBiddingStrategy( ManualCPC( "ManualCPC" ) );
>
> Pete
>
> On Mar 24, 10:58 am, Marco <marcovdk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried it, and it did indeed change
> > something as I now get the following bidding strategy in my SOAP
> > request:
>
> >                         <biddingStrategy>
> >
> > <BiddingStrategy.Type>ManualCPC</BiddingStrategy.Type>
> >                         </biddingStrategy>
>
> > However this is still not correct, leaving me with the same exception
> > as before.
>
> > There is a topic containing a similar problem using Perl, but without
> > the Client Libraries, however that solution did not really help me
> > (apart from knowing what is wrong with my own SOAP request).
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api/browse_thread/thread/d2b17...
>
> > By the way, are you using the Java Client Libraries as well, or have
> > you compiled your own from WSDL?
>
> > Greeting,
>
> > Marco

Have you migrated to v200909 yet?