Let you give my experience.

*In Addition to this how I can identify I need to use migrated extensions
or non migrated extensions?*

This is not using one API or the other. Within the same account both
migrated and non-migrated extensions may exist. If you look careful in the
UI of an account with non-migrated extensions, you will notice that you can
migrate these extensions OR SOME OF THEM.
Some articles on this subject mentioned that all sitelinks would be
forcefully migrated last year October, then that date was postponed to
March. However, a few weeks ago I ran into an account which still had
unmigrated sitelinks.

If the deadline of your project is still some months away, you are probably
better off telling your boss or customers that your project will only work
with migrated extensions, and use the API for asset-based sitelinks. One
reason could be that you can no longer create unmigrated sitelinks, making
testing extremely hard. Another reason is that the API for feed-based
sitelinks is very hard.
If you can't get away with that, there's another nasty angle: Actually it's
not the sitelinks that are migrated, but the campaigns or ad groups
attached to sitelinks. Look again in the UI of unmigrated sitelinks: you
can only upgrade groups and campaigns. On top of that, the API
documentation does not state what happens to a feedbased sitelink once it
is migrated, for instance what status it will get.

The algorithm I use is:
First get all asset-based sitelinks, and get the campaigns and ad groups
attached to them. Get each and everyone, including the disabled and removed
links. Then go on for the feed-based sitelinks, and get the campaigns and
ad groups they are attached too, EXCEPT the campaigns and ad groups that
are or were used for asset-based sitelinks - because these are migrated.

I hope this makes sense and helps you to get started.

On Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 1:45:52 PM UTC+2 cv wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Addition to this how I can identify I need to use migrated extensions
> or non migrated extensions?
>
> Thanks,
>

> On Wednesday, 7 September 2022 at 14:40:32 UTC+5:30 cv wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to get All Sitelinks in the account(Account, campaign or adgroup
>> level).
>> I have gone through some of the post in this forum, and found there is
>> multiple way to get sitelinks.
>>
>> Some post says need to use
>> For the reports that will give you Sitelinks, you can use
>> asset_field_type_view
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/latest/asset_field_type_view>
>>
>> for migrated extensions and extension_feed_item
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/latest/extension_feed_item>
>>  for
>> non migrated extensions.
>> https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/EgojXNvvG5E/m/J59FQYS_AQAJ?pli=1
>>
>> Some says
>> However, if you want to get a sitelink related report for the sitelinks
>> at different levels, then you can use the feed_placeholder_view
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v9/feed_placeholder_view>
>>  and
>> filter the feed_placeholder_view.placeholder_type
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v9/feed_placeholder_view#feed_placeholder_view.placeholder_type>
>>  by
>> '*SITELINK*'.
>> https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/OFxlhPsZjOs/m/_TFfQMiyBQAJ
>>
>> I can also see some suggestion are also based on campaign_asset
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v11/campaign_asset> and
>> ad_group_asset
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v11/ad_group_asset>.
>>
>> So which are the correct way?