Hi Yasar, Nirmita and Team,

     Based on my checking and understanding, for our per hour job, we just
loop our available google accounts (21) and for each google account, we
just execute 3 requests.

That means, if what my understanding is correct. We just have at most 21 *
3 = 63 requests per hour. Please refer to our requests as below:

Even in summary for one day, we have 63 * 24 = 1512 requests,  less than
the total maximum 15,000 requests. hmmm... I am not for sure why hit this
issue?
Meanwhile could you help check below two questions, thank you very much~
     a. If no data for API request return, does it still mean one API
operation and count into maximum requests?
     b. How to calculate the API requests total count from my side to check
if hit the 15,000 API operations per day?

Google Ads Query:

Request 1:

    *static* *final* String *CAMPAIGN_INFO* = "SELECT" +

            " customer.descriptive_name," +

            " campaign.name," +

            " customer.id," +

            " campaign.id," +

            " ad_group.id," +

            " ad_group.name," +

            " ad_group_ad.ad.id," +

            " ad_group_ad.ad.name" +

            " FROM ad_group_ad";

Request 2:

    *static* *final* String *CAMPAIGN_CONVERSION* = "SELECT" +

            " customer.descriptive_name," +

            " campaign.name," +

            " customer.id," +

            " campaign.id," +

            " ad_group.id," +

            " ad_group.name," +

            " ad_group_ad.ad.id," +

            " ad_group_ad.ad.name," +

            " metrics.cost_micros," +

            " metrics.impressions," +

            " metrics.average_cpm," +

            " metrics.clicks," +

            " metrics.average_cpc," +

            " metrics.ctr," +

            " metrics.video_views," +

            " metrics.video_view_rate," +

            " metrics.video_quartile_p25_rate," +

            " metrics.video_quartile_p50_rate," +

            " metrics.video_quartile_p75_rate," +

            " metrics.video_quartile_p100_rate," +

            " metrics.conversions," +

            " metrics.conversions_from_interactions_rate," +

            " metrics.cost_per_conversion," +

            " metrics.conversions_value" +

            " FROM ad_group_ad" +

            " WHERE segments.date = '%s'" +

            " ORDER BY campaign.id";
Request 3:

    *static* *final* String *CAMPAIGN_BUDGET_INFO* = "SELECT" +

            " customer.id," +

            " campaign.id," +

            " campaign_budget.amount_micros" +

            " FROM campaign" +

            " WHERE segments.date =  '%s'" +

            " ORDER BY campaign.id";

Regards,
Aaron.
On Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 1:52:57 PM UTC+8 adsapi wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I work with Nirmita. Thanks for getting back to us.
>
> I understand that you have encountered an RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/best-practices/common-errors#resource_exhausted>
>
> error, and error message ‘Too many requests. Retry in 900 seconds“. This
> seems to be that API requests hitting the server aggressively. The server
> throws this error once it detects that your request has exceeded the system
> frequency limit. When you retry requests, you may continue using an
> exponential backoff policy by delaying 5-10 seconds. For example, if you
> first pause 5 seconds before the first retry, you could pause 10 seconds
> after the second and 20 seconds after the third retry. Exponential backoff
> helps ensure you are not calling the API too aggressively.
>
> Also, you mentioned that you set your batch job hourly to process sync
> campaign data from Google Platform, but in the above email you provided
> error logs for the GoogleAdsService/SearchStream API request. So, there
> seems to be concurrent API requests making calls to Google Ads API at same
> time, and this is why you encountered said error.
>
> That being said, we suggest setting a reasonable upper bound for the total
> number of concurrent tasks that are going to make requests (across all
> processes and machines), and adjusting upward to optimize your throughput
> without exceeding the rate limit is recommended. Otherwise, you may
> possibly experience the exceeding rate limits that the client app is
> spawning an excessive number of parallel tasks since we don't limit the
> number of parallel requests a client app can have, this can easily exceed
> the Requests Per Second limit at the developer token level. However,
> Throttles can be implemented at the consumer side by limiting the number of
> concurrent consumers, or implement rate limiters or throttlers for either
> the producers or consumers.For more information, you may refer to this
> throttling QPS from the client side (check out *Throttling and rate
> limiters*
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/best-practices/rate-limits?hl=en#Throttling%20and%20rate%20limiters>
> ).
>
> You may apply above mentioned points while sending requests to Google Ads
> API server, and let us know how this goes on.
>
> Regards,
> [image: Google Logo]
> Yasar
> Google Ads API Team
>

> ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2gQH50:ref

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ac13bde4-1f6c-4f9b-ba43-4d0f7ba49bb8n%40googlegroups.com.
  • IN... 'changhong yun' via Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum