I guess I can give my use case.

We have tens of thousands of ads on your platform. Recently, several
hundred were taken offline.
I want to do an analysis into these, but I can't find an elegant way to
isolate them programmatically.

I guess one way would be to query for the number of impressions every ad
got on every single day we've had an account in Google Ads, then I can
filter those down  to only records where impressions is greater than 1, and
finally use the existence of a record as evidence that the ad was active on
any given day in the datasets index.

That's a very heavy process though. I'll be working with tens of millions
of rows of data (a row per ad per day).