Hey, Thanks to both Oliver and the Google Team for this.
I see the query you've provided shifts the role of filtration onto Google,
likely reducing the amount of data significantly.
Nice solution there :)

One follow up question. I find myself confused by all the different
statuses between ads, adgroups, and campaigns.
Here's what I'm working with:
ad_group_ad.policy_summary.approval_status
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/ad_group_ad#ad_group_ad.policy_summary.approval_status>
ad_group_ad.policy_summary.review_status
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/ad_group_ad#ad_group_ad.policy_summary.review_status>
ad_group_ad.status
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/ad_group_ad#ad_group_ad.status>
ad_group.status
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/ad_group#ad_group.status>
campaign.primary_status
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/campaign#campaign.primary_status>
campaign.serving_status
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/campaign#campaign.serving_status>
campaign.status
<https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/campaign#campaign.status>

I can't seem to figure out how to use these statuses together, which
statuses are needed and which aren't.
My team wants a report that provides the following information (daily):
# of new ads,
# of ads under review,
# of ads reviewed but not approved or disapproved yet,
# of ads approved but paused,
# of ads approved and serving,
# of ads ended,
# of ads disapproved,
# of removed ads

I can handle tracking the data on my end in a database.
Can you help me decipher those statuses so that I can count the number of
ads in each stage of the ad lifecycle?