OK, thank you.
I understand, that this means my integration should work properly then.
Let's go through example scenario and please validate every step, whether
this will work or not:

   1. Customer is targeted with some Google ad
   2. He clicks through it and is redirected to my website, moreover, the
   URL contains parameter gclid
   3.
      - does google store this information, is it the lead we need before
      we can send enhanced conversion via REST API discussed above?
      - if so, is it stored even if customer does not allow marketing (or
      any other cookies on website) - in case this is his very first website
      visit ?
   4. Am I subsequently ready to send enhanced conversion? Or should I
   firstly create the lead using gclid from URL and then I have everything
   prepared for enhanced conversion (in case of any customer offline action)

And I'm a bit confused by this: *"The conversions process needs PII (the
hashed email in your case) and the accompanying GCLID forwarded from a
website"*

   - The REST API request for enhanced conversion should contain not only
   hashed PII, but also the gclid ? no gclid was mentioned within the
   documentation

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/conversions/upload-identifiers
    nor

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/rest/reference/rest/v14/customers/uploadClickConversions

If the steps I've described will work, how does google merge the conversion
?
- does it work like - gclid is connected to a customer's email address, so
when I send enhanced conversion (with PII but no gclid), the email will be
merged with previous lead's gclid ?
This does not make sense, a customer could have clicked on more ads, so I
suppose I'm not right :/

I'm grateful for your time, help and additional information.

Regards,
Marius
On Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 3:29:57 PM UTC+2 Google Ads API Forum
Advisor wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed response. Unfortunately, there is no way to
> perform the type of E2E testing with your current setup. The conversions
> process needs PII (the hashed email in your case) and the accompanying
> GCLID forwarded from a website to start the process. Otherwise, it will
> respond with CLICK_NOT_FOUND.
>
> The way I've seen other users do this is to create a test account in Ads
> and then have a development website where you setup a lead form and then
> click on it to generate your own test conversions.
>
> Kudos, on working through the process to get the correct REST request and
> wanting to perform E2E testing.
>

> This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2nd55H:ref"
>
> Thanks,
>
> [image: Google Logo]
> Bob Hancock
> Google Ads API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/215b2f30-b105-4395-861d-7897b1a01df2n%40googlegroups.com.
  • Re... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    • ... MKostrosO2
      • ... Triple A
      • ... MKostrosO2
      • ... MKostrosO2