Hi Reed,

This is a known issue, that Vertical criteria are included in the UI
and reports created in the UI, but not in reports created through the
API.  I'm working with the core engineering team to address this, but
I don't know what the solution will be or when it will be available.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team