Thanks for your response, Reed.

However, I don't think that's what's going on.  Based upon past
experience and official information from google like at
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=86282
["Please note that when viewing conversions for a specified time
period, conversions are assigned to the date on which the ad click
occurs, not the date on which the conversion occurs"], all conversions
should be attributed to the day on which the click occurred.

This is why seeing reports with data that there were no clicks or cost
for a keyword on a given day and yet there's a conversion [and
conversion value] is confusing, and is making me wonder if there's a
bug in google's reports or if there's some explanation for why this
would be accurate.

Thanks,
Greg