OK I have discussed with our QA and app support teams, and they are *not
OK*with releasing anything that we can't reasonably QA and verify
*against a production API* after a production patch. We don't do either QA
or production verification against sandboxes. Actually we rarely even code
againsty the sandbox. For the reporting service in particular, you can
imagine how fruitless this would be, as the reporting data in the sandbox
is random.

We need an additional HTTP header to activate this new behaviour, much as
you did when you started returning reporting data in dollars instead of
micros. This way, we can first verify that we *fail* to download reports
with this new behaviour enabled by adding an HTTP header to trigger it, and
then we can verify that we *succeed* to download reports after we add the
2nd header with the auth token.