- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:08:26 AM UTC-5, u_api_user wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 23 Jan., 20:14, Kevin Winter <kevin....@google.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   What sort of segments are you including?
>
> what do you mean with segements?

There are two types of fields in reports - statistics and segments.  Each
segment you add an multiply the number of rows received by the number of
possible values for that segment appearing in the results.

For example, if in the search query performance report you chose the
columns Query and Impressions, you'd get one result per query.  Add in
CampaignName, and you'd get one result per Query and CampaignName
 combination.  Add HourOfDay, another 24 multiple in rows (potentially).
 The results can quickly get fairly large when using logs of segments.

> > The first date range is 7
> > months whereas the other one is only one month.
>
> Thats true.
>
> > If you are segmenting by Hour, it's possible the amount of data is
> simply too large.
>
> How can we do that. We just requesting a report for a certain time
> range. Which
> option sets the "segmentation" in a report request and what does that
> mean?
> We are using the SearchQueryPerformanceReporting for almost a year.
> The problem
> appeared only recently.

It's possible that recently the account(s) are seeing much more activity in
a given segment, multiplying the size of the reports.  Knowing which
columns you are requesting and the number of rows you see may help
determine this.