Hi Oliver,

See the report fields listed on
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports. If you
include certain fields in a report, it prevents zero impression rows from
being returned even if you have set includeZeroImpressions as true. Such
columns are explicitly documented on this page (e.g.  Date column in
Campaign Performance Report). Check if your report definition includes any
column that prevents zero impression rows from being returned.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.