I ran reports specifying only the "attribute" type of fields (as discussed
in this thread) but they all come back blank.  No structural data seem to
be included in the reports unless I specify "metric" or "segment" fields as
well.

David, this seems to not be consistent with the recommendation you made?

I would have thought getting an account structure and syncing it every day
is a basic and fundamental building block in using the API. Why is it so
hard and ambiguous?

Can anyone please please help explain how one can get the account structure
using reports without having to get the performance data too?

mm, if you're read this, do you have any ideas? I don't want to include any
impressions in the report so I'm trying to avoid using predicate
impressions >=0

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oliver