I'm in the process of trying to roll out ads for our recently deployed
Spanish version of our site, and running into an issue.

On the English side, I routinely submit batches of 2500 keywords at a time
to the MutateJobService with no difficulty.  I have never had a timeout
doing this.  When submitting Spanish keywords, I have discovered that I
have to dial that batch size down to 25 if my batch contains any accented
characters.  This behavior is 100% consistent and reproducible for me:
batches of 25 or less work every time.  Larger batches will hang, but the
same batch will succeed when all accented characters are removed and
replaced with ASCII.

I submitted a 50 keyword soap request to my sales team and they forwarded
it to some technical people (maybe some of the DAs reading this forum
even?) and they claim they can't find anything wrong with it.  They have
not confirmed for me that the request never arrived at the Google system
(if anyone here can help me track down that confirmation, I'd be thankful).
 I'm now rather confused as to where the issue is.  I am using the ruby
client library, and I suppose something could be going wrong inside that,
but I'm not sure.  I'm going to add a note in the ruby issue forum as well.

Any advice is welcome.

Steve