Hi James,

I thought you *were* looking for a user-defined field, sorry about that.
See https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/feed-services,
under the section that says, "3. Map the feed and placeholder fields.".
This is where you tell that a particular feed column is sitelink text,
description, etc. The relevant feed placeholder constants are here:
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/placeholders

Cheers,
Anash