Hi,

The API does not quite work the way you described. The service returns
various phrases related to the keywords (and other parameters) you provide,
but a given keyword's volume won't be affected by the number of terms that
are associated with that keyword in your request. For example, if I include
"flowers" as a search term parameter or I include both "flowers" and
"bouquet" as search term parameters, the volume for a related term such as
"flower shop" will be the *same* in both responses.

Another way to look at it is that the service has a big dictionary keyed by
keyword where the value is that keyword's volume. The search terms you
provide simply determine which keys the API pulls from that dictionary, but
the value for a given key (keyword) will not change.

Best regards,
Josh, AdWords API Team