Hi Ray,

we are experiencing an unpleasant interplay between this compression level
limitation and the size of ad files uploaded.

We have lowered the compression level of PNGs in order to accommodate the
limitation, as you have described in this thread.

But now instead of InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR we are
receiving ImageError.FILE_TOO_LARGE due to the fact that less compression
implies a larger binary.

Right now we are "fighting" this situation by trial and error, probably we
will have to guess the compression levels and submit the same file multiple
times upon error.

Should not the API support proper compression at any level?

Or, at least, establish a standard compression level and support any file
size (bound by the given ad dimensions) for that given setting?

Leaving API clients to deal with this issue makes the solution
unnecessarily complicated and inefficient, just my opinion. :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rodrigo

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/5c8a760f-8697-4c92-b5cf-27727997b287%40googlegroups.com.