Hi MG,

Resetting the developer token every month doesn't give you any extra
benefit from a security standpoint. The only situation in which it makes
sense to reset a developer token is when it gets shared with someone, and
you don't want to make the person making API calls using that token. On the
other hand, resetting a developer token means that you have to redeploy
your application with the new developer token (since the old token no
longer works), and it becomes difficult for us to troubleshoot an issue you
may have, since the issue might have happened a couple of months back, and
tracking by token becomes difficult since you'd have reset the developer
token couple of times by then. Developer token doesn't influence account
ACLs.

You can reset the clientSecret as part of the security policy. When doing
an offline flow, ClientSecret is the secret passphrase that proves to the
authentication server that the client app is authorized to make a request
on behalf of the user. See some discussion here
<http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/14009/whats-the-benefit-of-the-client-secret-in-oauth2>
.

IMO the best way to enforce a password policy would be to require that your
AdWords account's password is reset AND your refresh token is revoked at
regular intervals.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.