Hi. I'm developing an app for an MCC. We need to download YESTERDAY reports
on an hourly basis. Why on an hourly basis? Because we work with multiple
APIs and it is the best approach we found to avoid possible errors and to
be sure that we are getting the most up to date consolidated information.
The problem is that we have around 160 managed clients (although most of
them are inactive), and our Basic access gives us a limit of 1,000 reports
per day. So we would be downloading around 160 reports per hour, giving a
total of 3,840 per day.

At first I thought that I might query each managed client's campaigns to
see if any of them are active, before downloading the report, to minimize
the amount of reports downloaded. But then I realised that the fact that a
managed client has all its campaigns inactive does not mean that they were
inactive all along yesterday.

My question is what is my best approach? Is the 1,000 reports per day limit
that hard/strict? Maybe it does not count if I download the same report
over and over again? Or maybe it is a limit per client ID?

I know I can also apply for a Standard access token. Would that solve my
problem?

Thank you

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/37b59f7d-c865-44a7-8f83-818b11531654%40googlegroups.com.