Hello,

When I said "ad creation", I was referring to "Dynamic Ads" as described
here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536

This cannot be done via the API, and is a one-time step that needs to be
done on the web interface before you begin.

Yes, feeds are very much like custom databases of information that are
stored in AdWords. You can think of a Feed as a table, a FeedAttribute as a
column, a FeedItem as a row, and a FeedItemAttributeValue as a cell within
a row.

Essentially, get your dynamic remarketing ads into a very basic but
functional state using the web interface (one-time setup), and then you can
use the API to add/remove feed items from the feed you're using to power
them to change what ads are able to show.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 12:14:37 AM UTC-5, Justin wrote:

> Hi Mike - thanks for the reply :) really appreciate it (and to the others
> who have also helped out :)
>
> > You should be able to create thousands of feed items in a single mutate
> request by adding more operations
> Ok - kewl :) i'll have to figure out how to do that and off I go :)
>
> >initial setup has to be done on the web interface
> Ok :)
>
> > and any ad creation has to be done on the web interface
> hmm.. ad creation?
>
> > but you can add and remove feed items to populate ad data with the API
>
> hmm Ok :( I'm confused :(
>
> So a feed is like a database table right? Where 1 feed will hold many feed
> items (aka rows).
>
> so if i wish to do some dynamic remarketing for property listings (as the
> example in the guide is doing), I would (somehow) create a PropertyListing
> feed manually in the Web/UI and then somehow use the API to add/remove
> Property Listings that are for sale on the market?
> If yes .. then where do 'ads' come into this? I thought each feed item
> (aka each property listing) is an ad?
>
> -J-

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/0a3bd5fd-542d-47a3-8d03-0b309a0caa5d%40googlegroups.com.
  • Tryi... Justin
    • ... 'Peter Oliquino' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Justin
        • ... 'Peter Oliquino' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... Justin
            • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Justin
                • ... 'Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
                • ... Justin
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum