Hi,

Please check my *inline* response below:

   1. I would like to confirm that the client account creation method will
   result in client account "B" to be a under manager account "A".
   *Yes*
   2. Will campaign "C" run as normal and accumulates the cost of the
   campaign everyday until it hits the daily budget?
   *Please note that you can create the campaign without setting the
   billing information in account. The status of campaign will set as by
   default 'Eligible
   <https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188700?hl=en>'. If you want to
   create campaign via API you can change the status of campaign. To activate
   your account and start running your ads, you need to set your billing
   information*
      1. If the campaign actually runs, what will happen to the bill when
      it hits the monthly billing cycle or the billing threshold as it does not
      have billing information attached?
   3. Does this mean for any money used within client account "C" will be
   billed towards manager account "A"? And who will be billed if manager
   account "A" does not have a consolidated billing setup?
   *Even if Manager account is on consolidated billing, you will have to
   set the budget order for the client account for it to start serving Ads. *
   4. Is the only way to set up billing in a client AdWords account via
   Google AdWords dashboard console?
   *If the MCC is on consolidated billing, you can do a
   BudgetOrderService.mutate() via API and add budget orders to new client
   accounts (which did not have any billing setup since its creation) via
   API. *
      1. If so and assuming the answer I got from the help center is
      entirely correct, then can I conclude that it is not possible to create
an
      AdWords client account via API that can actually run campaigns?
      *Please check the answer to the main question. *
   5. If the answer provided by the AdWords help center applies, does the
   campaign's status change to  "Paused"? Or will it remain as "Enabled" but
   the ads in the campaign will just not show as it does not have any billing
   information?
   *The campaign status will not change based on the billing setup.
   However, even "Eligible" campaigns will not serve if you have not set up
   the billing for that client account. *

Milind, AdWords API Team.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/9db0988f-7692-48ec-8ffb-82e19b67ae93%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... sa
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... robin . or
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Alina Vavilova
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum