Hi Robin,

Please find my *inline* response below:

1. I just want to clarify one point that is not exactly answered; a little
extension on question 4. An AdWords API created client account will not be
able to serve ads unless:

   1. The AdWordsSession used to create the client account is using a
   client customer id of a manager account
   2. The manager account used in the AdWordsSession has consolidated
   billing set up

If any of these conditions are not met, the created client account will
just be a AdWords account that cannot serve any ads until someone goes to
the AdWords dashboard console to access the new created account to set up
billing.
*Yes*.

2.Another question I would like to ask is what happens if the client
customer id of the AdWordsSession is of a client account? Will the account
still be created?
*No, you need to set client customer id of manager account. Otherwise you
will get M**anagedCustomerServiceError.NOT_AUTHORIZED error.*

3.If so, I would like to confirm that the answer to my question 4,1 - " If
so and assuming the answer I got from the help center is entirely correct,
then can I conclude that it is not possible to create an AdWords client
account via API that can actually run campaigns? " is yes as the only
suggested add billing information method in the guide is to use the AdWords
UI; i.e. it is not possible to create an AdWords client account that can
serve ads via API unless the manager account used to create this new client
account (via API) has consolidation billing setup.
*Yes. You can create client account by setting CID of manger account in
AdWordsSession. You can set up billing via AdWords dashboard console, then
your ads will serve the live data. Other option would be, after creating
the client account via API, **you can do a BudgetOrderService.mutate() via
API and add budget orders to new client accounts (which did not have any
billing setup since its creation) via API, If the MCC is on consolidated
billing.*

Milind, AdWords API Team.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/ed69b7c7-457d-4b38-9b8a-e0afc9140a21%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... sa
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... robin . or
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Alina Vavilova
    • ... 'Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum