Just wanted to chime in that this kind of thing is affecting us in our test
account as well. We've had audiences that we manually created years ago
that have remained open all this time. In our automated tests, we download
all audiences, expect to find some, and then use them to create ad group
and campaign bid modifiers (our system doesn't create/modify audiences,
just audience bid modifiers, so that's what we test). These kinds of tests
have all run without issues for years, but have started failing within the
last couple weeks because the audiences we download from our test account
have been closed. When we've gone into the Google Ads UI and re-marked them
as Open, they only stay that way for a few minutes to an hour, which often
doesn't give time for our entire test suite to run (it does a lot of
things, not all of which involve hitting the AdWords API).

So it seems like sometime in the last couple weeks, something has changed
on Google's end, where audiences in test accounts used to be ignored and
not automatically closed, but no longer are. Could you guys please look
into this, and change it back to where audiences in test accounts are not
automatically closed?

Thanks,
Greg

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 6:44:49 AM UTC-5, Joana Esteves wrote:

> [...]
>> Could you try running your code again and see if the changes have been
>> reflected? If not, could you provide the complete SOAP request and response
>> logs that were generated after setting the status to *OPEN* so I could
>> investigate this further? You may send the requested information using the
>> privately to author* option. If you have not enabled logging yet, you
>> may follow this guide
>> <https://github.com/googleads/googleads-php-lib/blob/master/README.md#logging>
>>  on
>> how to do so.
>>
>> According to this guide about the CrmBasedUserLIst.status
>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201809/AdwordsUserListService.CrmBasedUserList#status>,
>>
>> if the status is *OPEN*, the list is still populating members and can
>> still be targeted. If it is set to *CLOSED*, then the list is not being
>> populated already and cannot be used for targeting anymore. From your
>> understanding, *client 1 *and *client 2* should be in the list, while
>> *client
>> 3* should not be in the list because it was targeted after the list was
>> CLOSED.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dannison
>> AdWords API Team
>>
>> On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 7:17:53 AM UTC+8, Joana Esteves wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Google team,
>>>
>>> I'm using your API, using PHP client library, to update Customer Lists
>>> daily.
>>>
>>> We noticed that some of the lists are closed status, checked by
>>> select/query the list for it status:
>>> $selector->setFields(['Id', 'Name', 'Status']);
>>>  (...)
>>>
>>> var_dump($user_list->getStatus()); // CLOSED
>>>
>>> it returns: closed, the same status I can see on the UI.
>>>
>>> Then I use the code to set the OPEN status:
>>> if ($user_list->getStatus() === UserListMembershipStatus::CLOSED) {
>>>       var_dump($user_list->setStatus(UserListMembershipStatus::OPEN));
>>>       var_dump($user_list->getStatus());
>>>     }
>>>
>>> immediately after set the status using this code, the list updates it
>>> status (checked with the var_dump), but it doesn't show on UI
>>> also, if I query the status again (code snippet 1), the customer list
>>> status is closed.
>>>

>>> Also, can I clarify with you how updating customers to a customer list
>>> can be affected by the status of the list?

>>> *day 1* -  new customer list created, *client 1* and* client 2* added
>>> the customer list, and at this time the status of the list is open;
>>> *day 2* - get customer list by id, the status of the list is closed,
>>> and added *client 1* and *client 3* to the customer list.
>>>
>>> By documentation, what I understand is:
>>> - client 1 is in the list
>>> - client 2 is not in the list, because it was added after the list be
>>> closed (somehow by google adwords end)
>>>
>>> If this is the case, is a massive problem to us. Can you please clarify

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/eb937356-8b3e-4501-8975-b898ae1eeaf2%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Joana Esteves
    • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • ... Joana Esteves
        • ... GregT
          • ... Dorian Kind
            • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
        • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
          • ... GregT
            • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
              • ... GregT
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • ... henry caparroso