Hi, Dannison.

For our situation, there's not much to show in the way of SOAP logs. The
issue is that in our test account, all remarketing audiences get closed
quickly, making them unusable in tests (if you try to add them to an ad
group, you get a CriterionError.CANNOT_ADD_CLOSED_USER_LIST error). This
just started happening in the last couple weeks - these audiences in this
test account have existed, in an open membership status, for years before
then. If we look at the test account in the Google Ads UI, the UI shows
them all as closed, and if we (in the UI) change them back to Open, they
only stay open for an hour or less. If it'd be helpful to know the id of
our test account, I can email that to you.

Thanks,
Greg

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 1:24:12 AM UTC-5, Dannison Yao (AdWords
API Team) wrote:

> [...]
>
> it has also nothing to do with low volume. Could you provide the complete
> SOAP request and response logs that were generated when you were trying to
> add a member in your user list so that I could investigate this further?
>
> Regards,
> Dannison
> AdWords API Team
>
> On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:44:49 PM UTC+8, Joana Esteves wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dannison,
>>
>> Thanks for coming back to me.
>>
>> I tried the code again, also in another audience that created after, and
>> it didn't work for any case.
>> As we are using testing data, the audience size is < 100. Could be it a
>> reason why the audience sets to close, and also the lifespanmember value
>> drops from 180 to 1?
>>
>> I appreciate that an OPEN status means that the list is still populating
>> members and can still be targeted, and if CLOSED, then the list is not
>> being populated already and cannot be used for targeting anymore.
>> So, I have a question: Why do lists automatically *Close*, without our
>> intervention, a little while after they are created? (Could it be due to
>> low volumes?)
>>
>> To clarify what we're trying to achieve, we need audiences to stay *Open*,
>> so we can keep adding recipients to them on a daily basis. How can I grant
>> that?
>>
>> Any help with this, greatly appreciated
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joana
>>
>> segunda-feira, 22 de Outubro de 2018 às 05:12:11 UTC+1, Dannison Yao
>> (AdWords API Team) escreveu:
>>>
>>> Hi Joana,
>>>
>>> Your code appears to be logically correct. If recent changes have been
>>> applied to your user list, it usually takes a while before it is reflected.
>>> Could you try running your code again and see if the changes have been
>>> reflected? If not, could you provide the complete SOAP request and response
>>> logs that were generated after setting the status to *OPEN* so I could
>>> investigate this further? You may send the requested information using the
>>> privately to author* option. If you have not enabled logging yet, you
>>> may follow this guide
>>> <https://github.com/googleads/googleads-php-lib/blob/master/README.md#logging>
>>>  on
>>> how to do so.
>>>
>>> According to this guide about the CrmBasedUserLIst.status
>>> <https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201809/AdwordsUserListService.CrmBasedUserList#status>,
>>>
>>> if the status is *OPEN*, the list is still populating members and can
>>> still be targeted. If it is set to *CLOSED*, then the list is not being
>>> populated already and cannot be used for targeting anymore. From your
>>> understanding, *client 1 *and *client 2* should be in the list, while
>>> *client
>>> 3* should not be in the list because it was targeted after the list was

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/f9489d6c-9af0-4ac9-8de5-f5047d44255a%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Joana Esteves
    • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • ... Joana Esteves
        • ... GregT
          • ... Dorian Kind
            • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
        • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
          • ... GregT
            • ... 'Dannison Yao (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
              • ... GregT
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • ... henry caparroso