Hi Danica,

Flow which has been described before is automatic and we do it through the
API.
To remove SharedSet we:

   1. Fetch all campaigns which are applied to current SharedSet through
   the CampaignSharedSetService. Query looks like this:   *"SELECT
   campaign_shared_set.status, shared_set.id, shared_set.type,
   shared_set.name, campaign.id, campaign.name,
   campaign.advertising_channel_type FROM campaign_shared_set WHERE
   campaign_shared_set.status != 'REMOVED' AND shared_set.type IN
   (NEGATIVE_KEYWORDS, NEGATIVE_PLACEMENTS) AND shared_set.id IN (6707919092)"*
   2. After we have all campaign ids which should be unapplied we can do it
   through the CampaignSharedSetService. Remove operations look like this
*remove:
   "customers/5482392845/campaignSharedSets/6465376725~6707919092", *in
   case of successful operation API response is* results {resource_name:
   "customers/5482392845/campaignSharedSets/6465135082~6707919092"}. *Partial
   failure is enabled.
   3. Since we can not provide mutate operation on video campaigns through
   Ads API, in case there are any video campaign applied to SharedSet we
   remove only all non-video campaigns and do not try to remove SharedSet
   (because it's forbidden to remove it if any campaigns are still applied).
   For such cases we have separate .gs scripts which unapply video campaigns
   for us. So, such SharedSet will be removed by our code only in the next
   iteration when .gs script will unapply video campaigns.
   4. After unapplying ALL campaigns we can remove SharedSet through the
   SharedSetService - remove customers/*5482392845*/sharedSets/*6707919092.*

That is the logic which we have to operate with shared sets. If you'll need
more details, please, contact me.

Thanks,
Tetiana

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 10:02:51 PM UTC+3, adsapiforumadvisor wrote:

> Hi Tetiana,
>
> Yes, I received your email - thanks for providing those details! Can you
> please clarify a few things for me? You mentioned the following:
>
> *When we update rule, we unapply campaigns from SharedSet, remove
> SharedSet and create the new one with up to date rule.*
>
> Are you performing these actions within the API or the UI? If you are
> doing so with the API, can you please provide information on what services
> you are using and provide detailed logs of the requests/responses?
>

> Thanks,
> Danica, Google Ads API Team
>
> ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UaSxGg:ref

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/66783c61-61c5-4857-974b-869560bf8888%40googlegroups.com.
  • Enabled Campa... 'Tetiana Omelinska' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • RE: Enab... Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod
      • Re: ... 'Tetiana Omelinska' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • Re: Enab... Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod
      • Re: ... 'Google House Ads' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
    • Re: Enab... Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod
    • Re: Enab... 'Google House Ads' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum