I got the similar issue and I got response from Google Support that the
issue is resolved but still, when querying on my test manager account

 SELECT
      customer.id,
      customer_client.id,
      customer_client.descriptive_name
 FROM
      customer_client

It just returns an empty result (without any error), even though it does
have a bunch of child accounts. My guess is, the result does not contain
cancelled/closed accounts, which is the default status of each account and
its child accounts (and this status cannot be changed anyway). Is it
possible to *get Account Hierarchy *on a test account?

When I run the example from official document, this is the result

[2020-05-20T00:20:39.063082+07:00] google-ads.INFO: Request made: Host: "
> googleads.googleapis.com", Method:
> "/google.ads.googleads.v3.services.GoogleAdsService/Search", CustomerId:
> 9772414649, RequestId: "FPmgAVOwBjJ0T9d9BlVBKg", IsFault: 0, FaultMessage:
> "None"
>
> object(Generator)#18812 (0) {
>
> }
>
> Unable to retrieve information for the following accounts which are likely
> either test accounts or accounts with setup issues. Please check the logs
> for details:
>
> 9772414649

Is there anything that I missed or an alternative solution?