Hi,
We cannot use use web flow/OAuth since calls come from our backend, not
from a web site. We provide a service to our clients where merchants sign
up to our platform and we we make calls from multiple merchants/clients for
Ads which we then use our backend to submit to Google Ads.

On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 2:26:40 PM UTC-8 prasad mokkapati wrote:

> [...]
> should be able to do queries as well from test account.
>
> GoogleAdsServiceImpl.getCampaigns 222
> googleAdsServiceClient:com.google.ads.googleads.v9.services.GoogleAdsServiceClient@XXXX
>
> GoogleAdsServiceImpl.getCampaigns 333 request:customer_id: "XXXXX"
>
> query: "SELECT campaign.id, campaign.name FROM campaign ORDER BY
> campaign.id"
>

> GoogleAdsServiceImpl.getCampaigns 444 Obtained stream
>
> [warn] c.g.a.g.l.r.summary - FAILURE REQUEST SUMMARY. Method:
> google.ads.googleads.v9.services.GoogleAdsService/SearchStream, Endpoint:
> googleads.googleapis.com:443, CustomerID: XXXXX, RequestID: null,
> ResponseCode: UNAVAILABLE, Fault: Credentials failed to obtain metadata.
>
> ~
>
> On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 12:36:32 AM UTC-8 adsapi wrote:
>
>> Hi Prasad,
>>
>> I am also a member of Google Ads API Support.
>>
>> I had to delete your initial and last post as the logs contained your
>> developer token and GCP project id. Since your developer token was exposed,
>> we recommend that you reset the token by referring to this *guide*
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/best-practices/developer-token-reset?hl=en>.
>>
>> For privacy purposes, you may avoid exposing your developer token and other
>> sensitive data publicly. Please continue our discussion privately via the
>> privately to author* option or direct support to our
>> googleadsa...@google.com alias.
>>
>> Moving forward, could you please confirm if you’ve indeed followed every
>> step of the *guide*
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/oauth/service-accounts>,
>> specifically the *prerequisites*
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/oauth/service-accounts#prerequisites>?
>>
>> In order to connect to Google Ads API using a Google service account, you
>> will need a *Google Workspace domain* <https://workspace.google.com/>
>> since it is a prerequisite for using service accounts. Note that Google Ads
>> does not support using service accounts without impersonation. Because user
>> impersonation is controlled *only* at the domain level, using service
>> accounts and assertion flow with Google OAuth2 requires you to have your
>> own domain registered with Google Workspace. Your application and its users
>> will have the ability to impersonate any user in the domain.
>>
>> However, kindly note that, we strongly recommend using* OAuth2 installed
>> app or web flows *
>> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/oauth/cloud-project#choose_an_application_type>instead
>>
>> of service accounts *unless you need domain-specific features *(for
>> example, impersonation). OAuth2 installed application and web flows require
>> user interaction only once, when access to the account is granted. This
>> process of authentication is* much simpler to set up via OAuth2
>> credentials*. You need to implement the code set up on your end to make

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/4364af3b-f6e5-4c87-b479-ce047126ef83n%40googlegroups.com.
  • 40... prasad mokkapati
    • ... 'Google Ads API Forum Advisor' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
      • ... prasad mokkapati