Hello Peter,

Maybe the snippet below might help clarify what I meant.

*<?php// Before 10.1// ===========// Taken from
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/keyword-planning/generate-historical-metrics?hl=en#create_a_keyword_plan$keywordPlanResource

= self::createKeywordPlan(    $googleAdsClient,
$customerId);$planCampaignResource = self::createKeywordPlanCampaign(
$googleAdsClient,    $customerId,    $countryCode, //    $languageCode,
$keywordPlanResource);// ...$keywordPlanServiceClient =
$googleAdsClient->getKeywordPlanServiceClient();$generateHistoricalMetricsResponse

= $keywordPlanServiceClient->generateHistoricalMetrics(
$keywordPlanResource);// After 10.1//
==========$keywordPlanIdeaServiceClient =
$googleAdsClient->getKeywordPlanIdeaServiceClient();$generateHistoricalMetricsResponse

= $keywordPlanIdeaServiceClient->generateKeywordHistoricalMetrics(    [
    'customerId' => $googleAdsClient->getLoginCustomerId(),
'keywords' => $keywords    ]);*

Before 10.1, you needed to create a *KeywordPlan* to generate historical
metrics, and you could specify the location and language parameters when
creating a *KeywordPlanCampaign*.

The 10.1 release introduced *generateKeywordHistoricalMetrics*, allowing
historical metrics generation without the need for a *KeywordPlan*.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to specify language and location
parameters when calling *generateKeywordHistoricalMetrics*.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 8:58:49 PM UTC-8 adsapi wrote:

> Hi Syed,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> As mentioned earlier by our colleague Matt, the language and location will
> need to be specified o*n the keyword plan campaign*, when using the
> GenerateKeywordHistoricalMetrics
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/keyword-planning/generate-historical-metrics?hl=en>
>
> feature of the Google Ads API.
>
> You may review this example
> <https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/keyword-planning/generate-historical-metrics?hl=en#create_a_keyword_plan>
>
> to know more about the implementation.
>
> That said, when finally generating the metrics, You will no longer need to
> specify once more the language and location. The metrics will then be based
> on the contents of your keyword plan campaign, including the language and
> location that you set within those plans.
>
> Best regards,
>
> [image: Google Logo]
> Peter Laurence
> Google Ads API Team