Kind of like this?

On 7/21/2018 1:50 PM, Chuck Macenski wrote:
Old silver and black typewriter keys. Think Enigma machine...

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 3:28 PM Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:
I must be nuts.
I am working on a calculator project that uses nixie tubes for a display.

I want to use a telephone magneto to charge up a cap to run the thing.
Kinda a steam punk RPN HP type of calculator.
I am stuck on what to use for buttons.  I am thinking elevator buttons.

Large oak case.  Just crank it for 10 seconds and then do  your calculation.

I am also conflicted as to how many buttons.
Square and square root for sure.
Undecided about log, trig functions and whether or not to have scientific notation.  I think I will.
How many digits to display?  Probably 5.  Engineering mode only.  3 dot 2 display.
Also considering multiple lines to show 4 levels of the stack but I doubt I will actually do that.

The question is: will I ever finish this thing?