My guess will be they are going for an injunction asap probably in Texas and hoping the injunction does all the necessary damage. It's what you do when you are watching something happen in a little way that implies something much worse about to happen.

On 8/10/18 10:52 AM, David Coudron wrote:
I guess when reading this, the thing that strikes me the most is how inflated and exaggerative the language is.  Typically it seems in legal documents that overly exaggerative claims are done so for publicity. The language in this filing seems to read more like National Enquirer and less like an FCC findings summary.  I would expect this to be less outlandish if they really felt they had a strong case.   Claiming a multi-party hacking conspiracy (which is really what the complaint is claiming from what I can discern) is going to be really tough to make stick.   Claiming Cambium caused harm to their business due to copyright violation would be a much better approach I would think.   But they seem to have taken the National Enquirer approach, usually when you hear those kinds of things, they don’t go anywhere.   It will be interesting to see what happens.

As far as the FCC violation goes, they were more careful in their wording.   To my understanding, they basically said that hacking the firmware gives someone the ability to violate FCC limits and doesn’t imply that they can prove anyone actually did.

Could be they felt that they were compelled to file this case whether they feel they can win or not…..

Smarter folks than me will sort it all out…. 😊

Regards,

David Coudron

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of * Ryan Ray
*Sent:* Friday, August 10, 2018 12:42 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquiti Sues Cambium

They named a forum user as a defendant...

" 126. In a post dated December 25, 2017, Defendant Dmitry—noted as an “occasional contributor”—posted on a message board instructing a user on how to use ePMP with Ubiquiti power supplies"

This whole thing feels like a big joke. Do we not own the hardware we're purchasing?