We've been investigating Ufiber as an option for our fiber GPON
deployments. Hardware seems good, firmware has a long ways to go - from
what we've seen, the CPEs don't have WAN-accessible IPs (except for the in
the undesirable NAT mode) nor support SNMP management yet, so we have to
consider them unmonitorable. The fact that headend IP access doesn't work
but the CPEs by default have customer-side IPs that are reachable, which is
the opposite of what a provider wants, is strange. Ubnt's suggestion to
monitor the OLTs directly would have people logged into them 24/7 to watch
these devices, which doesn't work, nor to use UNMS as we already have far
more extensive systems installed and built into company accounting/change
tracking processes (and supporting many other Cambium wireless and other
fiber platforms). But there was a post from an Ubnt employee a few days ago
on here that some of these fixes, especially SNMP, are on track for
firmware 3.1.