From: "Lewis Bergman" <lewis.berg...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 8:18:47 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Anchor holes

You are supposed to tension guys at 80% of breaking tensil strength. On 120
foot 45g that is likely a 1/4 inch guy on top. Maybe 3/16 on the other 3.
That and probably 5600 pounds on the top guy and 4400 or so on the others. That
means there will be almost 19,000 pounds of pull on that guy point. If you only
want the tower for a few years, don't change anything. If you want it longer, I
would ditch the pipe, but some 12 inch I beam. Cut the top at a 60 degree angle
punch 4 holes. Leave the top flange long, bend it over at 45 degrees and punch
2 holes on it.
But if course it is your show. If you give Rohn the info and what you want to
do they will give you an engineered solution in a week for free.