I thought it was one of those color changing lizzards that sat on the antenna that made it go faster :)

On 10/02/2018 09:13 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

Verizon HomeFusion (later rebranded LTE Internet - Installed) came out in 2012, and installation was also contracted out.  Remember the cantennas?

They also had a service called LTE Internet and Home Phone that used an indoor cellular modem, it looks like that has been discontinued.  They also had a voice only service called something like Verizon Wireless Home Phone that was modestly popular, not sure if that has also been discontinued.  They also have their One Talk small business VoIP/cellular system that IMHO is a piece of garbage. Customers blame their ISP and gradually come to the realization that One Talk is not ready for primetime.

So the question is whether Verizon learned any lessons from HomeFusion and knows how to do it better now, plus I assume mmWave technology will have more installation and LOS challenges than 700 MHz.  Oops, a butterfly landed on my window, my Internet is down.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Gino A. Villarini
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:26 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Verizon 5G

Don’t underestimate the competition, specially by downplaying it with past decisions.

The installation is being outsourced:

Who is Asurion that will be doing the 5G Home installation? <https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/5g-home-installation-faqs/>

Asurion is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides technicians for installation of 5G Home. You can use CheckMyBadge.com <http://www.checkmybadge.com/> to verify if the technician is an authorized employee of Asurion.

*From: *AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com <mailto:af-boun...@af.afmug.com>> on behalf of Jason McKemie <j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com <mailto:j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>>

/*Gino A. Villarini*/

President

Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968