Bose is excellent at Turd-Polishing.

Let me explain:   Where a traditional provider might go and buy proper
drivers with good response throughout the frequency range, and take care in
designing a crossover, etc, when designing a speaker, Bose is more about
taking reasonably ok speaker elements and then using signal processing to
clean them up.   If they have a bit of a weak spot say at the high or low
end, they will boost those with dynamic equalization.   If there is some
phase distortion, often this can be cleaned up with DSP processing.  And so
on.

Often this results in a better-sounding speaker than a traditional system.
   But this is not without compromise as sometimes the result is not as
'pure' as a decently designed traditional system.  But for 99% of the
people out there it's going to sound perfectly acceptable if not just as
good as the expensive system.  In some cases, you'd even find that many
people prefer the sound from the Bose system since Bose often seems to
optimize for the average listener's preferences instead of what a "true
audiophile" would choose.   Where an audiophile would look for flatness and
purity, an average person just wants something which sounds pleasing with
most things they'll play through it.   If the system colors the playback a
bit, but it sounds better, most people won't care.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 7:02 AM Josh Luthman <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

> People say all the time that Bose sucks but I'm very happy with Bose in
> all the cars I've had it in as well as the "sound box" in the house.  I'm
> definitely not an audiophile, though.
>
> Josh Luthman
> Office: 937-552-2340
> Direct: 937-552-2343
> 1100 Wayne St
> Suite 1337
> Troy, OH 45373
>

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 4:09 PM Jason McKemie <
> j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com> wrote:
>
>> Bose has good marketing and not a lot else.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 2:49 PM Josh Baird <joshba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Bose car audio (and home audio) is pretty terrible and far from accurate
>>> in most cars.  I just bought a new car that has Bose ‘premium’ audio, and
>>> it sounds like absolute crap compared to my old car which had the premium
>>> HK stock system.
>>>
>>> ... but, I’m sort of an audiophile, so most people probably won’t agree
>>> with me.
>>>
>>> On Dec 27, 2018, at 3:21 PM, Josh Luthman <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Quality sounds great to me.  But of course I've had Bose audio in all
>>> the cars with XM.
>>>
>>> Josh Luthman
>>> Office: 937-552-2340
>>> Direct: 937-552-2343
>>> 1100 Wayne St
>>> Suite 1337
>>> Troy, OH 45373

*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>
<http://twitter.com/@packetflux>